About the IELTS Dream Big Fund
The British Council will be launching an IELTS Dream Big Fund, totaling GBP60,000 for 12 IELTS test takers in East Asia with special needs who wish to pursue higher education in 2018 to realise their study dreams. The fund can be applied for study-related purposes (e.g. tuition fee subsidy, air tickets) or to acquire resources to aid students in their studies.
Visual impairmentFor example:
- High tech braille equipment
- Audio books
Hearing impairmentFor example:
- Personal amplifier
- Hearing aid
Learning challengesFor example:
- Portable word processor
- Speech recognition programmes
Other special needsFor example:
- Electric wheelchairs for mobility impairment
- Voice amplifiers for speech impairment
- Medical equipment for the mentally disordered
We proudly provide personalised test arrangements for candidates with a range of special needs. The above list is not exhaustive.